top of page
BPP: 8000# Workstock Diesel
Chassis & Suspension
1. OEM 1 ton or less chassis required. No tube chassis or back halve conversions.
2. Factory wheelbase must be retained, Cab and chassis trucks must be no more than 172” wheelbase
from center of axle to center of axle.
3. Engine must remain in original location.
4. Factory front suspension must be retained. This includes all things such as factory coil springs, OEM
type shocks and torsion bars. No drag race style adjustable coil springs or shocks permitted. Acceptable
replacement shocks would be a factory OEM replacement or a Rancho RS9000. Maximum 2 shocks per
5. Must retain factory OEM type steering gear. Non OEM power assist prohibited.
6. OEM style rear suspension is mandatory. All OEM suspension mounting points must be retained.
Suspension can be temporarily blocked solid.
7. No air bags or air shocks are allowed on board, front or rear.
8. Limiting straps are allowed.
9. Traction bars are allowed, but must bolt to the housings. Only bracketry to bolt them on with may be
welded. You are allowed 1 straight bar per side with a maximum of 2 links or points of contact on the
axle housing and/or frame going from the centerline of the rear axle forward. No single center mount
type traction bars, no center pinion links or snubbers. No bars or links mounted above the centerline of
the rear axle. Traction bars must have a center strap or chain looped around them to prevent them from
sticking in the dirt in case of bending.
10. No rear frame trusses permitted. Bracing may only have 2 points of contact.
11. Must pull off of a Reese style hitch with no part of the hitch extending forward of the centerline of
the rear axle. No part of the hitch can connect to the rear axle. No part of the hitch may be above the
top of the frame rails. Hitch must be parallel to the ground and stationary in all directions. Hook point to
be no farther forward than 44” back from the centerline of the rear axle.
12. Hitch height is 24” max
13. Rear bumpers may be notched or removed. Sled stops permitted.
14. Hanging weight permitted. Must be securely mounted to a weight bar, no weight boxes. The
maximum farthest forward point any part of a weight or weight bar itself allowed is 60” from the
centerline of the front axle. Weights may also be located in the bed. No weights allowed in the cab.
15. Batteries may not be mounted in the cab. Batteries are to be no further forward than the factory
core support. Maximum of 2 OEM size batteries under the hood. Additional batteries must be in the bed
16. 8000# max weight limit
1. OEM 1 ton or less transmissions and transfer cases required. No Bruno, Lencos or reversers. No
dropboxes. Aftermarket internals in stock housings is allowed.
2. SFI approved transmission blankets are required in trucks running an automatic transmission. This
includes Allison transmissions. They are available shelf items.
3. SFI approved blowproof bellhousings are highly recommended for manual transmission trucks. If not
running a blowproof bellhousing, the bellhousing must be covered with an SFI approved transmission
blanket. Manuals must be clutch assisted, no sequential shifters permitted.
4. All trucks must have safety switches to prevent truck from starting in gear.
5. OEM 1 ton or less axles required front and rear. Aftermarket internals in stock housings are
6. Must have working 4 wheel brakes.
7. It is mandatory to have U joint shields covering all driveshaft U joints. Shields need to be at least 6”
long and made of at least ¼” thick steel or 3/8” thick aluminum.
8. 35” DOT tires max or metric equivalent. No cutting or sharpening. No chains or studs allowed. No dual
1. Body must retain full OEM sheet metal including OEM firewall, OEM floor boards, and OEM front
2. All OEM glass windows must be retained. No Lexan permitted. All windows must retain factory
3. Complete interior including dash board and door panels mandatory. Aftermarket seats permitted but
must be matching.
4. Hand throttles permitted
5. Factory headlight and tail light assemblies must be in place and operational. The only
exception is the right front headlight may be removed for air inlet to the engine.
6. Radiator must be in stock location and at least stock capacity.
7. Fuel tank must be mounted in stock location or in the bed.
1. Engine is limited to a stock appearing OEM make specific compression engine available from the
factory in a one ton or less truck.
2. Electric water pumps and electric fans permitted. Factory accessory drive system must be retained.
3. No individual runner intakes (Ex: ZZ Customs)
4. No deck plates
5. OEM cylinder heads required. (Ex: No Hamilton heads for the Cummins, No Brodix heads for the
6. No pressurized injectables allowed what so ever. This includes nitrous oxide, propane, water injection
or anything of the sort. All components must be removed.
7. Engines turning more than 4500 rpm must have an SFI approved harmonic balancer.
8. Fuel injection pump is cylinder count specific (6 cylinder pump on a 6 cylinder engine). P Pumps
allowed are the P3000 and P7100. No sigma or 12 cylinders allowed. No AG governors. Dual CP3 pumps
9. Fuel must be commercially available #1, #2 diesel or soy/biodiesel.
10. Factory style or aftermarket air to air intercoolers only mounted in stock location. Water to air
intercoolers are prohibited. Absolutely no use of ice or water to cool the intake charge. Ford 6.7L are
able to utilize the factory air to water set up as long as it remains OEM. Nothing aftermarket. No
spraying intercoolers with pump sprayers or anything of the like on the track or while you are first or
second staged to go on the track. This causes too many people in places they do not need to be.
Turbo and Exhaust
1. Turbocharger is limited to a stock appearing OEM/factory make specific charger only. Turbochargers
from different years in the same make may be interchanged, no adapters to accept other model turbos
can be used. No S300 or S400 turbo parts are allowed to be used. 6.4-liter Powerstroke may utilize the
factory unmodified twin turbos. Turbo inducer bore to be no greater than 2.5” both before and after the
MAP groove. This means no oblong or odd shaped inducer bores. This can/will be checked with a 2.550
plug and /or micrometer. No forward facing MAP grooves allowed. MAP groove is to be no larger than
.200” at the wheel. Wheel must protrude past MAP groove by 1/8”, MAP groove must be perpendicular
2. Exhaust must exit upward and behind the back of the cab. Tail pipes exiting on the ground must be
equipped with a 90-elbow pointing up.
3. Stacks in the bed permitted. Hood or fender stacks are not allowed.
4. Two 3/8” diameter bolts installed in the downpipe in a cross pattern are highly recommended if the
factory muffler has been removed.
1. All trucks must have a working 2.5 pound fire extinguisher on board.
2. Helmet and Fire jackets highly recommended.
3. Seatbelts or 5-point harness highly recommended.
4. U joint shields required, see specs for length and thickness under driveline section.
5. Kill switches mandatory on all trucks and must be located at the back of the truck. Air guillotines are
acceptable for non-electronic engines. Electric kill switches are permitted on trucks with electronic fuel
6. Must have a working light mounted above the hitch.
bottom of page